View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanmau
Ninja

re: App: tastymctasterson

Hi tastymctasterson, thank you for sending in your application. Please note that we are in an Oceanic realm, which might lead to latency issues during raid. However, if you are still interested to join us, let's have a chat. My battle.net name is Sanmau#1678

re: App: tastymctasterson

The application submitted by tastymctasterson is as follows:

Character Name:
Alarys

Armory Link:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/alexstrasza/alarys

Main Spec & Off Spec:
Assassination/Assassination

Briefly, explain your understanding of the usage of your talents.:
Master Poisoner, Nightstalker, Vigor and Venom Rush are all essentially mandatory. They either scale very well with our Mastery (and poisons in general) or provide a significant increase to our energy supply and regeneration. Elusiveness and Leeching Poison are both underwhelming, Cheat Death is any easy choice and provides a nice mulligan when errors occur. Hey, we're all human :p

Thuggee is a great way to maximize up-time when you're dealing with multiple mobs, especially if they're dropping relatively quickly. Again, the alternatives are pretty underwhelming in a PvE environment.

I take Toxic Blade. My raid buffed Mastery is ~160% and this offers an incredible amount of on-demand damage when combining TB and KB. I just can't seem to produce the same results with Exsanguinate. I don't even look at Alacrity, Haste is not a real option.

Ultimately I am always looking at my spec, I try to run sims with as many practical configurations of gear and talents as I can. I want to perform as best I can and am always looking for Rogues who are better than me to help me along the way.

Professions (w/ Skill Level):
800JC/800Ench

Current Guild:
I Hate Everything - Alexstrasza US

Previous Guilds (if any):
VoS - Sargeras US

Reason for leaving current guild:
It's just a fun guild I made with some real life friends. I have pugged everything since I came back to the game. We did manage to get through some 15-17 Mythic+ material so that was pretty fun. Most of them have quit or transferred.

Previous Raiding Experience:
I've been raiding since BC. I wouldn't say I was serious until WotLK. I played a resto Druid for WotLK Naxx->ToC. We did the hard modes when they were current. I killed 3 Drake, Malygos and KT in 200 ilvl gear. I also did Ulduar 25, eventually killing Yogg +1 in progression appropriate gear. I contest to this day that Mimiron 25 hard mode is the most challenging encounter I have completed.

For ICC I was a Blood DK. I completed all of the bosses except for LK. The buff was at 25%->30% when we killed Sindragosa but it was well earned. We put in a good number of attempts at Arthas. I still remember getting 2 shot by the big Zombies I was off-tanking despite my nearly perfect gear.

This expansion, I got myself back up to speed. Picked a new class and pugged my way through H ToS and H Antorus. I like to think I did fairly well, but now I'm looking to do the hard stuff.

What you expect from the guild:
I will show up on time, every time, with consumables and having reviewed strategies.

I want guild mates who run back fast from a wipe, rebuff, and try again.

I will sit outside the raid if the leadership decides that someone needs to be rotated in.

I will contribute my professions, as well as my share of gold and materials to the bank. In return I expect to benefit from Guild repairs and other such perks as are seemly.

I expect to clear new content in a timely fashion, and teammates with a productive attitude. I am open to constructive criticism and love to improve my skills.

Names of current guild members you know, if any:
None

Are you comfortable with rotation?:
Yes

State the number of raids you would expect to come to per week.:

Battletag#:
Blackfist#1776

Net Connection Speed/Type:
I have high speed cable internet. It is very reliable and typically provides <30MS ping.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utopia Forum Index -> Recruitment Posts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum