View previous topic :: View next topic  
Easytail

re: DECLINED - App: TheZacstyle - by faeline^^

Believe Fae has spoken to you! If you're still keen after hitting 110, please do reapply and we'll have a chat then!

Thank you for applying and talking to us! :)

faeline^^
Lootmaster

Hi, I've sent you a bnet request. If you missed it, please add me back faeline#1934.

The application submitted by TheZacstyle is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name: Stormthology Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Stormthology/simple Main Spec & Off Spec: Elemental and Restoration Briefly, explain your understanding of the usage of your talents.: I'm still leveling my shaman up at the moment with the pre-legion invasion event, so I simply pick the best leveling talents there are. If you want in-depth analysis of talent usage, I wouldn't be able to tell you much right now. However, I played this game before as an old raider for 7-8 years, so I shouldn't have much issues with the mechanics. Professions (w/ Skill Level): None (going to pick it up during Legion) Current Guild: Sigil Previous Guilds (if any): None (new player to the server) Reason for leaving current guild: Not very sure of what the guild is going for right now, as many of them are taking a break and probably only coming back during Legion. I have applied as a Demon Hunter to them and they haven't really taken it seriously as of now, because I seem to still be an "alt". I'm not sure if they treat me or my character seriously. Sure, I applied for Legion, same way as I'm applying here for Legion, but I do expect some sort of confirmation (or not?). So this is why I feel I should be applying for a new guild:

1: I don't know if I'm really accepted, as the talk with an officer just gave me the conclusion "Just apply, we will be doing raids anyways." This is confusing for me, because it feels like I'm going to be a social raider, and not going to progress in mythic in this guild.

2: From the time I have stepped in the guild, the only response I get in text chat are slightly informative, and little to no response when I ask for activities, be it grouping for invasions (social mingling) or mythic dungeons (I understand nobody wants to do it anymore, but I do see them going to mythic dungeons in a group of 3-4 on their own)

3: Nobody seem to like to talk to the new guys in the guild, or talk about anything in general except for maybe a select few who talk among themselves and only within their own private groups. I don't mind if it was a leveling guild, but for a raiding guild, some bonding must be present, be it with old raiders and new raiders or just new addition to the guild Previous Raiding Experience: Vanilla player, cleared up till the start of Naxrammas v1.0 (mage)
BC PVPer (holy paladin, did many raids though, up to SSC and TK, sadly never touched on BT)
WOTLK semi hardcore raider as combat rogue, full cleared everything up to Heroic10man Lich King pre-nerf, working on Heroic 25m Sindragosa
Early Cata raider as enhancement shaman, cleared up to Neferian and Throne of 4 Winds in H25 while content was still current.
Quit shortly after clearing, due to not wanting to deal with politics and guild merger just ruining everything :/ What you expect from the guild: This application can be said as a compliance of sorts, and I don't even expect it to go through the first round of approval, seeing as I am not even at max level or geared at all. I hardly even think I have created a sufficient impression, but I'm going to say what I want to here, since there isn't a spot for additional comments:

1: If possible, I would like to apply for a melee position as my Demon Hunter, but I am also quite loving shaman for the versatility in combat. Sure, I have played enhancement before (and i would love to do that again), but I also love the elemental aspect of it. In fact, this game is so new to me that I would be happy to play a lot more than just 2 classes.

2: I tried to message some guys from Utopia last night to see if there are any changes to the recruitment numbers and/or status (as i said to the guy last night, "I like to talk to people before applying, and don't like to try luck"), but I just got a generic reply to apply on the website if I am interested in joining the guild.

3: Forgive me for commenting about the way I was replied to last night. I believe that I am not a simple person to deal with, and I may or may not have sounded like I'm just a simple noob looking for guild. However, I would like to point out that I was just inquiring about a potential available position in the guild, not being an ass.

4: Back to the topic on what I expect from a guild (or any guild I join, regardless), I would like to point back to the current point of my reasons for wanting to join a new guild. I don't expect to be promised a spot in mythic raids immediately. I know performance and class composition first, and whatever raid spots currently not occupied by the already core members of your old raiding party. However, actually playing with the new guys to find out what their capabilities are once in a while, will be nice.

P.S. I try to say as little as I can, so forgive me for the wall of text. If you need clarification, please feel free to message me in game, but I prefer talking on the mic because I'm currently in the frenzy of leveling my shaman to max :) Are you comfortable with rotation?: Yes State the number of raids you would expect to come to per week.: 2 Location: Singapore Battletag#: Zacstyle#1843 Net Connection Speed/Type: Broadband (unsure, in the midst of moving residence at the moment)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utopia Forum Index -> Recruitment Posts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum