View previous topic :: View next topic  
faeline^^
Lootmaster

re: The Utopia Selfie Scavenger

So, for most of us, WoW has become a logon-garrison-raid-logoff routine everyday, and it's starting to get monotonous isn't it?

I hereby announce the Utopia Selfie Scavenger!

What is the Utopia Selfie Scavenger?

Well, Blizzard has kindly added the selfie feature in WoW, and for people like us (you know casual raiders, faceless subscriber) it is quite a "huh?" feature actually.

Enter Fae's random thoughts of the day - why not have fun with it since it is around? Some of us have seen guilds run scavenger hunts in a mass way, which requires a lot of manpower to run. However, a selfie scavenger could be managed by just 1 or 2 persons.

A selfie scavenger would require participants to take selfies with specific items/people. Participation is via Twitter, so it can be done rather seamlessly (I think). Rewards, of course, will be there for participation, and there will be a grand prize lucky draw :D

How do you participate?

From now until 9 June 2015, take selfies with all 5 below:

1. A Tree Druid that is burning
  2. A Paladin who is bubble-hearthing
  3. 4 Chickens or Turkeys
  4. A Dead Dragon
  5. A Utopian Guild Member

(Self only not counted, i.e. if you're a Tree Druid and you're burning, it doesn't count.)

Tweet the selfie to @UtopiaAT with #UtopiaSelfieScavenger. If your entry is accepted, we will retweet it. Do give me sometime to manage the retweets as I do have a full-time job :)

Direct Message @UtopiaAT your character name and faction. This will help me in tracking participants and arranging the prizes (coming to you via mail!). I am sorry to announce that this contest is only for Aman'thul-US server only (both Alliance and Horde welcomed!).

What are the prizes?

Utopia members have kindly donated pets! So everyone gets random pets! Pets are as rare as whelplings and as common as cockroaches, but we will try to give everyone something nice :)

Grand prize is the Mystic Runesaber, funded by me :) All participants who complete all 5 selfies will be tracked on a list on a first-come-first-listed basis, and on 10 June, I will do a /roll and announce the winner. Winner will need to contact me with your email so that I can email the code to you.

There will be screenshots to show the /roll result and the list will be available (view only) via GoogleDocs.

Why are you doing this?

Because it can be boring at times but we can't seem to let go of this game that has been with us for so long. Because it's 10 years of WoW for me!

-------------------

I will continue to update this post for updates :)

Last edited by faeline^^ on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:45 am; edited 3 times in total

re: The Utopia Selfie Scavenger

<Placeholder, for announcement of winner on 10 June>

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum